What do we do?
We gather and process machine learning training data for AI applications internationally and have been providing services for cutting-edge AI businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. We count Amazon, Sony and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors and are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the AI field.
How do we do it?
DefinedCrowd’s culture is about our four core values: empowerment, mastery, contribution, and collaboration. We like to think that we are a multi-talented, quirky and hard-working group dedicated to building a great platform, making our customers and community happy, and making our employees feel at home.
How can you help?
We are currently looking for talented new members across the world to join this energetic, hardworking and fun teams in Lisbon or Porto.
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to create excellent resources for data collection and processing
- Consult with team members within your domain knowledge and troubleshoot potential issues
- Apply your knowledge in research to solve and productize hard problems in a crowdsourcing context
- Carry out structured, concise and reproducible data analysis that generates insight on different types of data.
What do we offer:
- The opportunity to learn the industry best practices
- Flexible working conditions
- International and diverse teams
- Fresh fruit and a healthy working environment.
Location: Lisbon or Porto.
- Degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or similar
- MSc/PhD in Natural Language Processing or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge in Linguistics (Phonetics, Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, Prosody, etc.)
- Knowledge in Acoustic Phonetics (Phonology, Prosody, Signal Processing)
- Relevant work or publications in the field of Speech Processing or Linguistics
- Previous experience with linguistic preprocessing (tokenization, normalization, grapheme to phoneme conversion)
- Experience with software (Praat, Tools using R or Matlab, Excel)
- Scripting or programming experience
- Enterprise experience in Speech Processing
- Excellent command of Regular Expressions.