Customer Success Manager
DefinedCrowd Corporation is a company based in Seattle, WA, USA, with R&D centers in Lisbon and Porto, Portugal, and Tokyo, Japan. We offer efficient data workflows that enable data scientists to collect, synthesize, enrich and structure training data. We do this by combining human-in-the-loop, automatic tools, and machine learning capabilities to accelerate enterprise machine learning and Artificial Intelligence initiatives training and modeling. Our value proposition is 95-98% quality, speed (5-10x faster than competition), and scale (70 languages and dialects covered). With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, the company has been serving top AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one.
How can you help?
As a Customer Success Manager, you play a pivotal role, partnering with DefinedCrowd’s customers to deliver a wide array of precise audio, text, and image data to meet their AI training needs. Part Customer Advocate, part Sales-oriented, and part Project Manager, you leverage your capabilities and relationships working across multiple internal and external teams to ensure our customers receive the high-quality data they need to power their AI systems. You may even bring domain knowledge in speech/text, natural language processing (NLP), linguistics or image processing which allows you to confidently guide our customers in extracting highest value when leveraging our platform and services.
- Own a portfolio of enterprise customer accounts to build DefinedCrowd’s long-term and strategic business relationship and drive towards growth, repeat business, and cross-sell/upsell opportunities;
- “Quarterback” onboarding, optimize customer experience and ensure on-going technical and project support to clients;
- Drive maximum value for customers that creates for them high customer satisfaction, retention, and expansion of the application of DefinedCrowd’s products/services;
- Track and communicate project timelines and updates to ensure relevant stakeholders are aligned throughout project delivery;
- Strategize with internal teams to deliver on customer requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective way;
- Listen deeply to the customer, going beyond “hearing” what they say in order to provide what customers “really” need as well as feedback internally to our Product team;
- Learn customer’s business strategy to understand how we can best support their initiatives and exceed their expectations;
- Develop and leverage understanding of job costs to inform recommendations for pricing with a focus on margin target;
- Be an expert on DefinedCrowd’s software platform, products, and services;
- Keep abreast of advancements in AI/ML through ongoing education/research and engagement with the research community;
- Thrive in fast-moving startup environments being effective and efficient amidst undefined processes and growth pains;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years' experience honing your consultative approach and project management skills in a Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, and/or other client-facing role in the AI/ML/NLP space;
- Experience navigating complex global business organization across multiple geographies to develop knowledge and understanding of DefinedCrowd’s customer’s business models to provide maximum value;
- Familiarity with project management tools such as TaskRay, Trello, etc;
- Proven ability to effectively partner with internal teams throughout all aspects of project delivery lifecycle;
- Not required but good to have: Practical knowledge of AI, ML, speech/text, natural language processing (NLP), linguistics or image processing.