Product Marketing Manager
What do we do?
We gather and process machine learning training data for AI applications internationally and have been providing services for cutting-edge AI businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. We count Amazon, MasterCard, Sony and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors and are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the AI field.
How do we do it?
DefinedCrowd’s culture is about our four core values: Trust, Innovation, Passion, and Creativity. We like to think that we are a multi-talented, quirky and hard-working group dedicated to building a great platform, making our customers and community happy, and making our employees feel at home.
How can you help?
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager for our B2B product line. You’ll be responsible for understanding, positioning and presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales.
You’ll also act as a product expert, knowing the current capabilities and future roadmap of our products while providing as needed sales support. Understanding our different products, defining buyer personas based on real data and feedback, taking a deep dive in the buyer journey and executing new product launches will be important responsibilities.
For this role, you need to be both technical and creative. You should be familiar with various product marketing and communication techniques and be able to articulate the value of features that customers can readily understand. You should be familiar with qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, as well as being able to handle cross-functional communications and coordination with other teams.
Reporting directly to the VP of Marketing, you will own the external and internal product messaging ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing revenue potential.
- Competitive research - assessment of competitive product landscape;
- Execute new product launches including strategy, communications, promotions, collateral, training;
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns;
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary product point of contact for Sales, Customer Success and Marketing;
- Partner with Product, Design, Sales, and Customer Support teams to gather feedback on products and provide appropriate training tools;
- Working closely with the Product team to understand and influence roadmaps;
- Manage content development for product brochures, product website pages, sell sheets, presentations;
- Be the product voice at events;
- Develop and implement data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies to drive product growth and retention;
- Own the analysis, reporting, and optimization of our product marketing programs;
- Help our sales team understand our product and solution narrative through impactful training including leading workshops, participating in sales calls & customer briefings as appropriate.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience with tech products;
- Successful track record launching products;
- Experience in developing value statements;
- Solid ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is or isn’t working;
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups;
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or marketing;
- Experience in product promotion including social media and paid advertising;
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. SEO writing is a plus;
- Good PowerPoint skills;
- Aptitude for technology and understanding technical concepts;
- Ability to prioritize and be hands-on.