Project Quality Manager
DefinedCrowd Corporation is a company based in Seattle, WA, USA, with R&D centers in Lisbon and Porto, Portugal, and Tokyo, Japan. We offer efficient data workflows that enable data scientists to collect, synthesize, enrich and structure training data. We do this by combining human-in-the-loop, automatic tools, and machine learning capabilities to accelerate enterprise machine learning and Artificial Intelligence initiatives training and modeling. Our value proposition is 95-98% quality, speed (5-10x faster than competition), and scale (70 languages and dialects covered). With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, the company has been serving top AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one.
How can you help?
As a Project Quality Manager within the Execution team you take responsibility for maintaining the high standard of data quality that our company is known for.
- Design and implement data-quality control processes to guarantee that deliverables meet and exceed the expectations of our clients;
- Apply your understanding of Research Design, Statistics and Linguistics to design quality control strategies tailored to each new project;
- Work with customer-facing teams to define and document KPIs and data-quality expectations;
- Work with domain/language experts to create and curate gold-standard annotations for measuring and assessing quality;
- Leverage existing quality-control tools and processes built into our platform, and developing offline processes as needed;
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to expand our product to facilitate and automate aspects of your work;
- Facilitate a collaborative environment aligned with company objectives;
- Other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
- Amazing career development opportunities in a high growth international company;
- Excellent compensation and benefits package;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and a healthy working environment;
- International and diverse teams (25+ nationalities across 3 countries).
- BSc/MSc in Computational Linguistics, Data Science or equivalent work experience;
- General understanding of machine-learning, data collection and data labeling processes;
- Practical knowledge in the fields of speech/text data processing, linguistics and/or image processing;
- Experience with experimental design, research methodology, and quality definition/metrology;
- Experience in applied statistical analysis;
- Familiarity with SQL databases and query writing;
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language in the context of data processing is a nice-to-have;
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate with internal teams throughout a project lifecycle.