Software Development Engineer (BackEnd)
What do we do?
We gather and process machine learning training data for AI applications internationally and have been providing services for cutting-edge AI businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies. We count Amazon, MasterCard, Sony and Portugal Ventures amongst our investors and are proud to be one of the fastest growing companies in the AI field.
How do we do it?
DefinedCrowd’s culture is about our four core values: Trust, Innovation, Passion, and Creativity. We like to think that we are a multi-talented, quirky and hard-working group dedicated to building a great platform, making our customers and community happy, and making our employees feel at home.
How can you help?
We are currently looking for talented new members across the world to join this energetic, hardworking and fun team in Lisbon and Porto offices:
- Select best options for software architecture based on engineering and business goals
- Analyze trade-offs, recommend solutions and help move from ambiguity to clarity in early design phases
- Work closely with partners in UX and UI design, marketing, product management and engineering to develop experiences for customer facing web properties
- Turn design concepts into polished, accessible, cross-device, responsive experiences
- Help establish standards within our client’s team for software and software processes
- Quickly learn and use new tools and approaches where necessary
What do we offer?
- Amazing career development opportunities in a high growth international company
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Flexible working conditions
- Fresh fruit and a healthy working environment
- International and diverse teams
Location: Lisbon or Porto
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- At least of 3 years of experience with C# or Java in the context of web development
- Knowledge of micro-service architectures
- Knowledge of REST API's as well as SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to learn new things independently and develop quality software
- Good communication skills